Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Thermal camera

I always  wanted to have a thermal camera to play around.
yeah yeah, I really don't NEED one, but it can be quite useful sometime and, well, I just like to have another tool.
If you are reading this blog I'm sure you can relate with me on that :)
Here what I did.

Monday, July 16, 2018

Android - proprietary ASN.1 encoder

The purpose of the ASN.1 coding specification described here is to have a way to create ASN.1 data sequence in a program without having an ASN.1 compiler capable to read a formal ASN.1 notation.
There are a lot of libraries out there with many different ways to handle the coding/decoding of an ASN.1 message. I needed something simple, cheap and fast so I created this system.
I originally created this years ago in C and now ported in Java for Android.

Sunday, July 15, 2018

MSP430f169 LCD development environment

Until now I always developed code for the  Olimex board MSP430F169 LCD using an open source compiler (GNU) and using a parallel port->JTAG adapter to program the board and do some debug.
That requires a computer with parallel port.
The goal of this article is to see if is possible to use an USB->JTAG adapter or using the Spy-by-wire connection.

Saturday, July 14, 2018

VPN - troubleshooting

Some tips to solve problems related to the Raspberry Pi VPN.

Developer tips - Visual Studio - Apple iOS erase certificates

Disclaimer !
This article is based on tests/research/finding at April 2018. Things can change.

Sometime is better to clean up the mess of certificates used by Xamarin for Apple iOS development.
Here what to do based on my experience.

Normally the certificates are generated/maintained on the Apple Developer website.

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Designing an HVAC monitoring system

Ideas - things to do

The HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) system, as many other systems, has the bad habit to broke down when most needed.

The idea is to design a monitoring system for HVAC capable to predict problems, with the less possible impact on the system, meaning that the monitoring system should be as much as possible independent from the HVAC itself.

Monday, July 9, 2018

MSP430 - Reading a digital encoder

Already exists a lot of documentation about this, but just for fun, I started from the scratch and did some analysis.
I did find very interesting issues about this "common" component.