Translate

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Electronic components sources


I often need to buy some electronic components.
Where to look for components, tools, information ?
Looking for components is not easy as it should be, many components are offered in different case, SMD or through hole, different measures, tolerance, etc.
Looking for components can be a task that took hours, looking in catalogs, searching for different sources and types.
I usually buy from Mouser or DigiKey for specific components or when I'm in rush.
Depending some offers I sometime consider Jameco as well.
For generic cheap parts I use Electronic Goldmine or AllElectronics.

Now I added a new source that also offer an online schematic/cad tool : LCSC

Another source sometime I use is .. flea market and antique malls.
True, is a totally random source and quite ... dry, but sometime is possible to find bags of components for few dollars.

Most components are maybe to be trashed anyway, but among them is easy to find some jewelry or .. nostalgic components, like an old germanium transistor or an old OP amplifier


Maybe not very useful but still I love to find these things. 

And of course, never forget to check the "rufo", my own junk box full of stuff bought in more than 20 years :)
It's incredible what sometime I can still find.


No comments:

Post a Comment