Translate

Sunday, August 9, 2026

HA HomeSeer - Messages

For a while I set up my HomeSeer system to play some vocal messages, using the local text-to-speech generator.

The result was not really good, even after installing new tools and libraries.

Before ...

The final result suffered of two main problems :

  1. very bad audio quality
    Very often the speech was not really understandable
  2. system degrade
    Because the system apparently already uses almost all the resources, often the speech generated was scattered and even more not understandable

After ...

I found online some tools to generate Star trek style speech messages and the quality was definitively much better than the text-to-speech generated by HomeSeer.
I decided to prepare some speech messages Star Trek style and have them played by the system.

It worked !

Shopping list

I did use two websites :
and Audacity to mix the final message

How prepare the message

  • Using 101SoundBoards, prepare the message.
    I choose Majel Barrett voice/templates to generate 3 warning messages.
    By default the generated messages are in mp3.
    However HomeSeer (at least mine) has problems to play mp3 files but no problems to play WAV files, so ...
  • Using CloudConvert, I did convert the mp3 files into wav files
  • Using TrekCore I downloaded the sounds for the messages
  • and finally using Audactity I put together audio effects and messages in a wav file

Example



No comments:

Post a Comment