Translate

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Ancient history - SIPI

My first job I had after finish the military service was in SIPI.
There I did develop firmware for devices based on Z80 to control industrial machines, mainly scales.



Abstract

  • Software development of factory scale plants and automation plants
  • Piece counters, precision scales, packing lines, dose plants (paint, agriculture, etc.)
  • Used the Z80 assembly and Basic languages
  • Used the 6502 assembly for particular plants
  • Development data communication software with PC and particular plants for remote control, data logging, etc. 

The SIPI building at the time (1983 circa)
This company was my Official first one because was the first company where I worked after the Military Service.
Mainly I worked on products based on the Z80 system for many kind of applications.
Scales, pieces counter, packing plants, labeling plants and dose plants for many different environments.
For each product I was involved from the beginning, contacting the customer and understand his needs, helping to develop the hardware, developing the software and finally installing, testing and training the product to the customer.

Some standard product I worked on :
A standard interface for big scales.

A table top industrial scale, also capable to "count pieces" using the weight.



No comments:

Post a Comment