Translate

Sunday, June 5, 2022

Pokit

Long long time without writing something, I guess I'm really busy :)
However something happens in my world.

A couple of years ago I did find an interesting Kickstarter project and I decided to participate, Pokit.

It took forever to receive finally the product but in the end, finally arrived !
Few notes about it.

Pokit

What it is ?
Well, it is an electronic instrument, a multimeter and oscilloscope, acting also as data logger, using a smartphone as front end.

I did contribute to the Kikstart for this project and took quite a while to receive it.
I confess I didn't "need" one but sometime the temptation to have a new tool/toy is so strong I can't resist ☺

Now is matter to test it.
I did just run it few times, mostly to see how easy and precise it is.

I had no problem to connect it to my phone and also with a FireTv tablet I have around.
This is good because it allows to create a kind of "bench" instrument using the tablet and be able to use it "on the go" if necessary.

On the tablet I did have few problems until I was able to full set up the probe, or maybe there was some interference with the phone nearby, but in the end I was able to safely connect it.

I did some measurement in multimeter mode and they were close enough with other instruments I have around.
I did run the oscilloscope but I need to set up a better test.
I still have around my fido Tektronix TDS 220 (yeah yeah is old, I know but is still working reliably, I take care of my instruments !) so I will run some test on the same signal and see how is going.

I will update this article when I'll find the time to set up the test, so stay tune and look for an "update" in the title :)  

Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment